How do we discern between the voice of honesty and the voice of fear when faced with a tough decision? In this episode, we explore this distinction so that we can get more connected with our authentic voice.
In this episode, Janice discusses the practice of identifying our core values to make life decisions that are in alignment with our authentic selves. She discusses her #1 core value, honesty, and shares her learnings on how to discern between the voice of honesty (or intuition) and the voice of fear when faced with a tough decision.
Read Janice's 4-years-later take on the episode here: "S1 | EP2: Tell the Truth"
Rate & review the podcast on:
Connect with me:
Listen to all The Soul's Work Podcast episodes: www.thesoulsworkpodcast.com
- 02:33: Core values as a tool we can use to better understand our authentic selves
- 03:03: What we cover this 3-part series on core values
- 04:20: What are values?
- 04:54: How you can do your own values-exploration exercise
- 06:17: How we already live our lives in alignment (or not) with our values
- 08:16: Janice’s top core value: honesty (a scary word)
- 08:57: Being honest with ourselves: why is it so hard?
- 10:20: What getting honest with herself led Janice to (big life changes)
- 11:58: Learning to distinguish between what’s really honest (our intuition) and the voice of fear
- 13:05: Glennon Doyle on the self-betrayal that happens when we allow fear to take over honesty
- 14:20: One way to get more in touch with our intuition
- 15:30: How fear and intuition feel and sound different
- 16:18: Janice shares an example of what the intuition and fear voices sound like (making the decision to leave her first career)
- 20:07: The connection between intuition and the present
- 21:05: Another way to approach our fears about the uncertainty of the outcome
- 22:30: What happened after Janice left her career
- 23:34: The fear voice is here to stay (how to deal with it)
- 24:54: Your soul’s homework: Questions you can explore to get more honest with yourself
Resources mentioned in this episode: